Khanom Chaw Muang "Dumplings with salmon Filling Recipe" Each dumpling is handcrafted into a rose petal. Purple from the color of the purple cabbage
5 oz fresh salmon
2 shalot,Peel the skin
3 root /stim of cilantro
2 Dry red chilies
10 black peppers
1 Tbsp sliced of galangal
2-3 Tbsp of plam sugar
1 Tsp. salt
2 Tbsp of vegtable oil
1 cup rice flour
1 Tbsp. arrow root starch
1 Tbsp. tapioca starch
1 1/2 cup purple cabbage juice
1. Boiling fresh salmon until cooked. Remove to the plate. Set aside
2. Use mortar and pestle or blender, Add shallot, root the cilantro, blackpepper, galangal, red chilies. Then pound or blend until mix well
3. Add cooked salmon. Pound until mix well.
4. Heat the oil in a wok, Wait until oil is hot. Add salmon mix and keep stirring until the mixture becomes fairly dry. season with plum sugar and salt. Stir well and remove from heat. let cool down
5. To make the dough, combine the rice flour, arrowroot starch, tapioca starch, cabbage juice in a sauce pan and keep stirring until mix well.
6. Place the sauce pan over medium heat and keep stirring until the mixture binds together and dough is formed. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a mixing bowl, then dust with the tapioca starch and knead well. If the dough sticks to your fingers put a little bit of oil on your hands.
7. Take a small amount of dough and shape it into a small ball then flatten it. Add salmon filling, wrap well and shape the dough back into a ball.
8. Use tweezers to pinch the dough into a petal. Continue until a flower is formed. Repeat this step until all the filling is used up.
9. Steam for about 7 minutes. Sprinkle with crisp-fried garlic and serve with lettuce , coriander and fresh chilies